- 1/4 cup chopped peeled onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium chopped zucchinis
- 1 (8.5-oz.) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chile peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in margarine until tender.
Stir in chicken broth, zucchini, corn, green chile peppers, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in milk and heat thoroughly. Add Monterey Jack cheese and stir until melted. Serve hot