Salsa Fresca also known as Pico de Gallo is a very simple fresh salsa that is the perfect addition to most Mexican dishes. This is my preferred dip for chips with a side of guacamole.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 3 cups
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes I prefer Red Gold chili and lime or plain
- 1/2 large red onion or sweet onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño stemmed, seeded if desired and minced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Mix well. Serve.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.