- 8 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 10- ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 15- ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 14-1/2- ounce can low-sodium tomatoes cut up
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil or oregano crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beat
- 1.Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to their package directions; drain well. Set aside.
2.For sauce, in a large saucepan stir together tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, celery, onion, sweet pepper, basil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
3.Meanwhile, for filling, in a bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Stir in broccoli.
4.Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with half of the noodles, half of the filling, and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
5.Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.