This vegan tofu ricotta recipe is great not just vegans but for those of us who are lactose intolerant and miss our lasagna.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 1/4 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 block extra-firm tofu 14 ounce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Pour the sunflower seeds and mushrooms into a food processor and run until it is a course powder.
- Take the tofu out of its package and with a towel squeeze as much water as you can. Add it to the food processor with the olive oil, zest, lemon juice, garlic and run it until it is all mixed in with the dry mix and looks pretty smooth.
- Add the salt and nutritional yeast and blend until it well mixed. Taste and adjust salt level.