This Mediterranean Buddha bowl is my go to bowl. I love the mix of flavors and textures! If you want to make this vegan just leave out the Tzatziki.
Mediterranean Buddha Bowl
Servings 2 bowls
- 1 Falafel one recipe makes enough for 4 bowls
- 1 1/2 cup bulgur cooked
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin or regular olive oil (optional)
- Hummus or store-bought
- Kalamata or green olives pitted
- Pita / Pita chips / Flatbread optional
- You will need ~10 falafel total, so adjust amounts accordingly. You can also, prepare your falafel ahead of time and keep it uncooked in the freezer. To cook, thaw and cook per recipe instructions for easy, weeknight meals.
- Prepare the parsley salad by adding parsley, tomato, onion, lemon juice, salt and olive oil (optional) to a medium mixing bowl and tossing to combine. Set aside.
- To serve, divide parsley salad between serving bowls, add 3/4 cup bulgur and top with hummus, olives, and desired number of falafel (we recommend ~4-5 per bowl).
- Serve with additional sauce of choice (optional) I also add some fresh lemon juice, harissa, and pita on the side (also optional).
- Best when fresh! Store leftovers covered in the fridge up to 2-3 days. Store and reheat falafel separately.
Sodium: 78mg | Calcium: 138mg | Vitamin C: 93mg | Vitamin A: 5125IU | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 22g | Potassium: 905mg | Calories: 464kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 89g | Iron: 7mg