This recipe makes a mere 1/3 cup marinade, but, slight as that may seem, it adds a powerful amount of flavor to white-meat chicken. Use it as a tenderizing marinade, or brush it onto poultry as it grills. One batch is perfect for about 10 ounces of skinless boneless chicken.
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crumbled
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In heatproof glass measuring cup, pour hot water over rosemary; let cool. Stir in zest, juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 week.