- 6 to 8 green onions diced
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 1 to 2 scotch bonnet peppers or habanero peppers seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 t
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process for 10 to 15 seconds at high speed. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
Preheat grill until coals are gray to white.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain off any excess liquid. Place on the oiled grill and cook for 20 to 25 minutes on each side, or until the juice from the chicken runs clear. Serve the chicken with fried plantains, pumpkin rice with kale, and steamed okra.