- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound pork sausage cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 3-3 1/2 pound fryer, cut up
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 large ribs of celery chopped
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tony's Creole Seasoning
- 1 6-ounce can
- Heat oil in a large, thick pot on medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, brown on all sides and cook until tender (20-25 minutes). Add sausage, Tony's seasoning, and salt. Cover, lower heat, and cook until chicken is well-done, about 30 minutes.
Remove chicken and sausage and drain all except 1/3 of the drippings from the pot. Add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic, and saute until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and salt and return chicken (deboned, if preferred), and sausage to the pot. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes. Add the parsley and green onion tops, cooking an additional 5 minutes, covered. Fold in cooked rice (and optional water chestnuts) and simmer about 10 minutes. Makes 8 absolutely delicious servings!