- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs, such as oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and basil, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eight-ounce swordfish steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1. Heat charcoal grill until coals are white-hot, 30 to 40 minutes. Combine all ingredients, except fish and salsa, in a small mixing bowl. Rub mixture generously over steaks.
2. Grill steaks over medium fire, 5 to 7 minutes per side; sear crosshatched grill marks on each side by turning steaks ninety degrees halfway through cooking time. Check for doneness; steaks should be opaque in center. Top with salsa, and serve immediately.