This is one of the simplest and most delicious guacamole recipe I have ever made. Give it a try next time you are craving chips and guacamole. If I am making salsa fresca at the same time I will just mix 1/2 cup in instead of cutting up a seperate tomato, onion and jalapeno.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 small ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno chiles stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper freshly ground
- Lettuce shredded for serving
- In a mixing bowl place peeled, quartered and seeded avocados.
- Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine with a fork.
- Mound on a bed of shredded lettuce.
You can keep stored skinned avocados or guacamole from browning by sealing them with a vacuum sealer. It prevents oxygen from causing the oxidization that causes off flavors and browning.