- 3-1/2 lb. frying chicken, cut into serving pieces, or the equivalent in chicken parts
- 3 T peanut oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 small dried hot red peppers
- 3/4 C. distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 C. soy sauce
- 3 T honey
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet and brown chicken well on all sides, adding garlic and peppers toward the end.
Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium high heat until chicken is done and sauce has reduced somewhat?this will not take long, less than 10 minutes.
If cooking both dark and white meat, remove white meat first so it doesn't dry out.
Watch carefully so sauce doesn9t burn or boil away. There should be enough sauce left to serve with the chicken, and the chicken should appear slightly glazed. (Remove chicken to platter, then reduce sauce if necessary.)