- 1/2 c carrots chopped
- 10 Napa cabbage leaves chopped and ends removed
- 2 stalks bok choy chopped
- 4 c fresh bean sprouts
- 4 green onions whole, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 c bamboo shoots chopped
- 1 c water chestnuts chopped
- 1 lb ground pork cooked
- 1 lb small shrimp cooked
- 1/2 lb ground beef cooked
- 2 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- Mix filling ingredients together. Put mixture in the freezer awhile to cool. Warm meat tends to soften the wrappers and make things messy.
Heat vegetable oil in fryer to 325 degrees.
To roll, place about 3 tbsp filling mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold 1 corner over mixture and fold in ends. Continue rolling. Brush egg mixture on exposed corner of wrapper to help seal egg roll.
Put egg rolls in hot oil, a few at a time, and fry a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to drain on paper towels. Serve warm with soy sauce, hot mustard, or sauce of your choice.