- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cups Israeli couscous, or one 10-ounce box medium-grain couscous
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. If using Israeli couscous, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; if using regular couscous, reduce amount of water to 2 1/4 cups. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in cumin and cayenne pepper, and saute for 1 minute more.
2. Stir in couscous, salt, pepper, and boiling water. Cover and simmer over low heat until tender and water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Add parsley and serve with Shrim p and Scallop Stew.