- 1 1/2 tsp.. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine melted
- 3 Tbsp. solid veg. shortening or unsalted margarine
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour for shaping biscuits
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Spray an 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended. Cut in shortening with pastry blender, or work it in with fingertips until lumps are no larger than small peas.
Stir in cream and let stand for 2-3 min. dough is very wet.
Pour remaining 1 cup all-purpose flour onto a plate. Flour hands well. Scoop up about 2 Tbsp. dough and scrape it onto the flour. Sprinkle more flour onto the dough. Gently pick up clump of dough and shape into a soft round by passing it from hand to hand, shaking off excess flour. Place in middle of prepared pan. Shape 9 more biscuits this way.
Brush tops with melted butter. Bake 16-18 min or until tops are evenly brown.