- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips*
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla fla
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pecan meal, pecans and cinnamon chips. Cut in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, with a few larger chunks of butter still showing. In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it gently just until it holds together. Pat it into a rectangle about 8 x 10 inches, and cut the dough into 2 to 3-inch diamonds or squares with a sharp knife. Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes, until theyÂ’re golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm.
* Available through our the Baker's Catalogue