- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 acorn squash, cut into thirds
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Split the squash into thirds and remove the seeds. Cut a slice off the bottom of each piece so that it sits evenly, skin-side down, in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
2. In the hollow of each piece, place 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Bake in the heated oven until fork tender, about 45 minutes.