Apple Raspberry Crisp
A fall favorite that's topped with vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples about 5 large, peeled, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries unthawed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons 3/4 stick chilled unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix 1/2 cup golden brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in large bowl. Add apple slices and frozen raspberries and toss to coat. Transfer apple and raspberry filling to 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
Mix oats, cinnamon, salt and re-maining 1/2 cup golden brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Add chilled butter and rub in with fingertips until moist clumps form. Sprinkle oat topping evenly over filling.
Bake crisp until apples are tender and oat topping is golden brown and firm, about 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes. Serve crisp warm or at room temperature. Scoop into bowls; top with ice cream or whipped cream.