Fresh Tomato Pizza with Pesto
For best results, make this recipe when ripe, juicy summer tomatoes are at their peak.
- 1/2 cup purchased pesto or Homemade Pesto
- 1 16- ounce prebaked Italian pizza crust
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 2-1/4- ounce can sliced pitted ripe olives drained (scant 2/3 cup)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese 8 ounces
Spread pesto evenly over bread shell. Place on large pizza pan or baking dish. Arrange tomato slices on top. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with olives and Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts and tomatoes are warm. Cut into wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Pizza Crust Tip:
If a prebaked Italian pizza crustl is unavailable for pizza making, you can use a 10-ounce package of refrigerated pizza dough instead. Simply unroll the dough onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan, building up the edges slightly. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 8 minutes. If necessary, cover the edges of the dough with foil to prevent overbrowning. Proceed as directed in the recipes for Fresh Tomato Pizza with Pesto.