Spiced Peach Muffins
These muffins are big, high-crowned affairs that seem to explode right out of the muffin cup. We make them here with peaches, but they're also delightful made with blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
- 4 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground <A href=http:/
Combine flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, vegetable oil and milk, then gently stir in fruit. Grease 16 muffin cups, and heap batter into cups; they'll be very full. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffins test done.