Gingerbread Cookie Mix in a Jar
Place the cookie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange. Make sure to bake some up so people know what they taste like. Store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation and clumping does not occur. Enjoy!
1. Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the spices. In a one-quart, wide-mouth canning jar layer the ingredients starting with the flour baking powder mixture then the brown sugar and finally the flour and spice mixture.
2. Attach a card to the jar with the following directions:
1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Blend together well.
2. Add 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1 slightly beaten egg. Mix until completely blended. Dough will be very stiff so you may need to use your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Decorate as desired.