Trail Mix Cookie Mix in a Jar
Place the cookie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange. Make sure to bake some up so people know what they taste like. Store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation and clumping does not occur. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- /2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Layer ingredients in order given in a quart ''wide mouth'' canning jar. Mix the flour together with the baking powder. Press each layer firmly in place, it will be a tight fit.
2. Attach directions to jar:
Trail Mix Cookies
1. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Mix in 1 egg, slightly beaten and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.