Chunky Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar
Place the cookie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange. Make sure to bake some up so people know what they taste like. Store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation and clumping does not occur. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup jumbo chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Layer ingredients in order in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. Make sure you pack all down firmly before adding the flour mixture - it will be a tight fit. NOTE: Wipe down the inside of the jar after you add the cocoa powder.
3. Instructions to attach to jar:
Chunky Chocolate Cookies
1. Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened at room temp. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE Add 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Mix until completely blended. The dough is sticky. you will need to finish mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 11 to 13 minutes . Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.