Mint Cilantro Chutney
This sauce is wonderful with grilled or roasted lamb.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves loosely packed
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves loosely packed
- 3 jalapeno chilies seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbs. chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove peeled
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 - 5 Tbs. water
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel knife. Process until ingredients are smooth, adding enough water until you get a smooth, spoonable paste.
2. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired. Chill thoroughly. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Stir sauce just before serving as it does separate.