Heart-Shaped Cavier Canap
Heart-Shaped Cavier Canapés
- 12 chervil leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces osetra caviar
- 2 tablespoon créme Fraîche
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush a baking sheet with some of the butter. Lightly brush 1 side of each of the bread slices with the remaining butter. Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 2 hearts from each slice of bread and set them on the baking sheet, buttered side up. Toast the hearts for 10 minutes, or until pale golden and crisp. Let the hearts cool.
2. Flatten the red pepper on a cutting board. Cut our 12 hearts using a 1/2-inch heart-shaped aspic cutter.
3. To assemble, spoon 1/2 teaspoon if créme fraiche and 1/2 teaspoon of caviar onto each toast. Garnish each with a pepper heart and a chervil leaf and serve.
Wine: Nonvintage Taittinger Cuvée Prestige Brut Champagne