Sour Cream Apple Pie
This Sour Cream Apple Pie is my kids favorite apple pie. This pie reminds me of an apple cheesecake but it is so much easier to make.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped peeled baking apples
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon. split 1/4 in pie filing and 1/4 in topping
In a large bowl, cream sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in apples. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine brown sugar. 1/4 tsp cinnamon and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie. Return to oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve or cover and refrigerate.