Summer Apricot Salsa
Lime juice and jalapeno peppers add zing to this juicy apricot salsa. It's great with grilled pork or chicken.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh apricots or peeled peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Cover; chill in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours, stirring once or twice. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Because chili peppers, such as jalapenos, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chili peppers, put plastic bags over your hands or wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chili peppers, wash your hands well with soap and warm water.