Tzatziki sauce is one of my favorite condiments and this is my go to recipe. I use it instead of catsup on my fries and it is great for for greek salads or Buddha bowls.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup english cucumber shredded
- 1 lemon zested + 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shred the cucumber with a cheese grater.
- Sprinkle the shredded cucumber with salt and then place in a strainer. Allow to drain for at least 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the moisture out of the cucumber with your hands or a cloth.
- Zest and juice the lemon. Then chop the dill and garlic.
- Set out a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the yogurt, shredded cucumber, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, chopped dill, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well. Then salt and pepper as needed. You can also add additional lemon juice if you so desire.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving or up to 6 days.
Serving: 3tbsp | Sodium: 165mg | Calcium: 66mg | Vitamin C: 15mg | Vitamin A: 27IU | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 146mg | Cholesterol: 3mg | Calories: 74kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Iron: 1mg