This recipe for Tequila Lime Shrimp are perfect to serve with some warm tortillas and some guacamole or salsa fresca. These shrimp are perfect for a light summer meal. You can also toss these shrimp on some cheesy grits for a more hearty meal.
1. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for at least 1 hour. This will prevent them from burning when grilled.
2. Thread the shrimp on the skewers (3 to 4 to each skewer). Lay in a shallow, non-aluminum dish, large enough to hold the skewered shrimp.
3. To prepare the marinade: Whisk together the limejuice, tequila, garlic, shallots, cumin, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until combined. Taste for seasoning.
4. Pour over the shrimp and marinate for at least Â½ and up to 4 hours.
5. Prepare the barbecue for medium-heat grilling.
6. Grill the shrimp on each side for about 4 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from the grill and take the shrimp off the skewers. Garnish with the fresh watercress and lime slices. Serve with the salsa immediately.
Cook's Notes: This may be prepared 4 hours in advance through step 4 and refrigerated.