This is an incredibly good Greek salad recipe, nice and tangy and even better in the summer when you use fresh vegetables.
- 1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed dried and chopped
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 6 ounce can pitted black olives
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon juiced
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the Romaine, onion, olives, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese.
Whisk together the olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and black pepper. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.