Making your own garlic croutons is a simple way to make your soups or salads feel luxurious. These crunchy, flavor bombs are perfect for dressing up any dish.
These pan fried croutons are quicker and more delicious than oven baked croutons and add a great crunch to your soups or salads.
Servings 6 servings
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil. I used approximately 3 tablespoons olive oil, but you can use more if need be.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper and cook over medium heat. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the bread cubes and seasonings then stir to coat in the oil and spices.
- Continue to cook over medium -low and stir until the bread is crusty, golden, and fully crisped.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
These can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 weeks.
Sodium: 897mg | Calcium: 2mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 49IU | Sugar: 58g | Fiber: 7g | Potassium: 409mg | Calories: 1118kcal | Saturated Fat: 37g | Fat: 74g | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 99g | Iron: 4mg