Satisfy that urge for chocolate with this lower-calorie favorite.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan melt margarine; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, water, and vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder until well mixed. Stir in chopped nuts.
Spray the bottom only of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray coating. Pour batter into pan.
Bake in a 350 degree F. oven about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly. Remove from pan. Cut into 8 bars. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar.