- 1 tbsp. shallots diced
- 1/4 tsp. peppercorns crushed
- 2 tbsp. tarragon chopped
- 8 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. chervil chopped
- 2 Â½ oz. or 5 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon chopped
- 3 to 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1. Clarify the butter over low heat or in a water bath.
2. Heat white vinegar in a saucepan. <br
3. Add shallots, chopped tarragon, chopped chervil, and crushed peppercorns.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce until liquid has evaporated.
5. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. Stir in egg yolks and cook over low heat or in a double boiler until egg yolks start to thicken.
7. Remove from the heat and whisk in the clarified butter, little by little
8. Season with salt.
9. Pass through a strainer or chinois.
10. Add the garnish at the last minute (fresh tarragon and parsley).
The Egg yolk mixture (Sabayon) and clarified butter should be mixed at the same temperature (warm).