- 10 cups chopped seeded, peeled, cored tomatoes (about 6 pounds)
- 5 cups chopped and seeded long green peppers about 2 pounds
- 5 cups chopped onions about 11/2 pounds
- 2 1/2 cups chopped and seeded hot peppers about 1 pound
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pep
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot, adding hot pepper sauce, if desired. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving Â¼-inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.