Blueberry Bran Bread
This bread is perfect for a lazy summer morning. It has a distinct blueberry flavor and cake-like texture. The bran and wheat flour add flavor and fiber. Substitute raspberries for the blueberries if desired. Either berry will color the bread in vivid hues, either purple or pink.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup wheat bran
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 2/3 cups King Arthur Special For Machines Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
Place all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine, program the machine for Basic white bread, and press Start.
Check the dough after 10 to 15 minutes of kneading; it should have formed a smooth ball, soft but not sticky. If necessary, adjust the dough's consistency with additional flour or water.