1. Preheat an oven or broiler to 450°F(210°C). Using a sharp knife slice down the back and breast bone of each hen, splitting it in half. Cut 1/2-inch off the tip of each drumstick.
2. Combine the juice of half a lemon with the cumin, cayenne, paprika, half of the salt and half of the oil. Rub the hens with the spice mixture and refrigerate.
3. Cut the potatoes into thin wedges. Toss with black pepper and remaining oil and remaining salt. Place on a tray and bake 20 minutes.
4. Cut the red, green, and yellow peppers into thin slices.
5. After the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, add the peppers and cook 10 minutes more. Transfer cooked potatoes and peppers to a bowl. Stir in the garlic and rosemary then cover to keep warm.
6. Slice 1 lemon into very thin slices.
7. Place the hens on a racked roasting tray. Shingle the surface of the hens with the lemon slices. Broil for 35 minutes.
8. After the hens have cooked for 25 minutes add the water to the roasting pan.
9. Drain the collected juices from the roasting pan.
10. Season juices with honey and juice of remaining lemon.
11. Set hens on top of potato and pepper salad. Spoon the flavored meat juices over the top and serve.