1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon, onion and garlic; saute until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in cumin, and cook an additional 1 minute.
2. Add the beans, 2/3 of the water, vinegar, and 1/2 of the salt to the onion mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until the beans are tender, about 40 minutes.
3. Combine the rice, the remaining water, and remaining salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until cooked, about 10 minutes. Keep warm.
4. Combine the mango, bell pepper, scallions, parsley, and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Puree the cooked beans, adding additional hot water if the soup is too thick.
6. Fluff the rice with a fork. Prepare a rice mold by rubbing the inside with a small amount of warm water. (A 1/2-cup measuring cup can be used in place of a rice mold.)
7. Using the rice mold, place a mound of rice in each soup bowl. Ladle soup around the rice and top with mango relish.