Rose Petal Ice
This is a refreshing dessert that blends the natural flavors of organic roses and almonds.
- 3 drops natual red food coloring
- 1/2 cup almonds whole, skinless
- 1 cup organic rose petals
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup milk
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat milk, sugar and rose petals (reserving a few for garnish) over moderate heat until almost boiling. Purée mixture in a blender with almonds.
2. Add natural food coloring and strain. Chill thoroughly and process in an ice cream maker. Serve in chilled glasses with a few fresh petals to garnish.