This classic pumpkin pie recipe is a must for every Thanksgiving meal.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 12 fl oz can Evaporated Milk Or substitute with equal amount Lactose-Free or Almond Cooking Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell 4-cup volume
- Whipped cream optional
Mix sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into pie shell.
Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.