- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white crÃ¨me de menthe or Campari optional
- 3 cups ripe watermelon flesh
- 1. Place the sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat, and stir in the crÃ¨me de menthe, if using. Chill the syrup.
2. Remove the seeds from the watermelon flesh. Place the flesh in the bowl of a food processor; process until liquefied, about 2 minutes. Add puree to chilled syrup; stir to combine.
3. Freeze sorbet in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturerÂ’s instructions. Store, frozen, in an airtight container.