- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 cup smoked Portobello mushrooms minced
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon minced
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 cloves roasted garlic pureed
- Prepare a wood or charcoal grill and let it burn down to embers.
In a large mixing bowl, mash lentils until smooth. Add all other ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Form into burgers. Brush the burgers with olive oil and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve hot with your favorite condiments.