Remember this topping for other vegetables such as asparagus, artichokes, and green beans.
- 4 cups cauliflower flowerets
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs 1 slice bread
- 1 hard-cooked egg finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. snipped parsley
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook cauliflower and broccoli flowerets in a small amount of boiling, salted water, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp-tender. Drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet met margarine or butter. Add bread crumbs and stir till the crumbs are lightly toasted. Stir in the egg, parsley, and lemon peel. Transfer cauliflower-broccoli mixture to a large serving bowl; sprinkle with crumb mixture. Serve immediately.