- lime wedges for garnish
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 red-snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- With tweezers, remove any small bones from snapper fillets.
On waxed paper, combine salt, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and crushed red pepper. Rub mixture on flesh side of fillets.
In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add fillets and cook 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lime wedges if you like.