- 1 recipe of your favorite pie crust
- or frozen prepared pie crust for one 9 inch 25 cm pie
- 4 to 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick
- 1/4 cup 60 ml roughly chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 - 1/2 cup 375 ml mayonnaise
- 1 - 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar Monterey Jack, or ch
- Bake the pie crust empty in a 350F (180C) oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool. Place a layer of tomato slices in the bottom, sprinkle with some of the basil, and add salt and pepper to taste. Repeat until the pie is filled to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) to 1/4 inch (5 mm) of the rim. Mix the mayonnaise and cheese together and spoon over the tomatoes, spreading it evenly over the contents of the pie. Bake in a 350F (180C) oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.