- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup esspresso
- 1/2 cup Kahlua liquor
- 1 large package Lady Fingers (4 sleeves of 12 biscuits)
- Finely chop chocolate in processor. Set aside.
Mix sugar and egg yolks in processor 30 seconds. Add vanilla and process until pale yellow, about 1 minute. Add cheese in batches and blend until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Beat whipping cream until stiff. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.)
Pour espresso and Kahlua into large shallow dish. Dip lady fingers in espresso/Kahlua mixture, turning to coat all sides lightly. Arrange on bottom of 10-cup shallow dish, alternating directions for multiple layers. Sprinkle with 1/2 of remaining espresso and kahlua mixture. Sprinkle with half of chocolate. top with chilled cheese mixture. Sprinkle remaining chocolate over. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)