Roasted Peppered Salmon with Tomato-and-Basil Relish
- 1 pound salmon fillet, trimmed, with all pin bones removed
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill, divided
- 1 whole lime
- oil, for greasing
- 2 shallots, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 6 large plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and c
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut salmon into 4 equal parts.
- Coat salmon with cracked peppercorns and Â½ teaspoon dill. Grate a little lime zest over salmon.
- Place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Bake in preheated oven, 6-8 minutes.
- 1. In a medium saucepan, place 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic, and diced shallots. Saute over medium heat, 1 minute, without coloring.
- Add white wine and juice of the lime. Reduce by half.
- Add tomato chunks and basil leaves. Mix and gently heat, 1 minute.
- Place the tomato-and-basil relish in the center of a warmed deep-dish plate. Arrange the salmon on top. Fresh flowering herb sprigs may be used to decorate.