Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Feta and Grilled Chicken
A light summer salad made with Quinoa.
- 2 Chicken Breast, pounded flat
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Oregano, dried
- 2 tbsp. Greek Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced or 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper, ground
- 2 cups Quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Feta, chunks
- 1/4 cup Red onion, diced
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled and diced (from 1 English)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- Put the flattened chicken breasts in a zip seal bag with the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, Greek seasoning, garlic and black pepper. Let marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2-3 hours.
- Prepare the Quinoa as per box instructions or if you don't have instructions you use 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water and cook as you would rice. It does very well in a rice maker. Let the cooked quinoa cool and move to refrigerator until you are ready to assemble salad.
- Grill Chicken over indirect heat. Once It has reached 160 degrees remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine feta, onion, tomatoes, cucumber and salad dressing. Stir to coat and let sit for 5-10 minutes for flavors to meld. Add cold quinoa, making sure to break up any large chunks. Stir well to coat quinoa with dressing and mix in vegetables well. Taste at this point to see if you need to add any more dressing for flavor.
- Slice chicken into bite size chunks. Plate the salad with the quinoa as your base and top with Chicken and maybe a little extra feta and tomato.