This is a very versatile dish that can be used for an appetizer, lunch or light dinner. I tend to keep the sauce on hand and make a quick snack out of it.
- 1 (12 oz.) package of silken tofu
- 1 tsp garlic minced and crushed
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups rice, hot and ready to serve with tofu
- To warm your tofu you can either simmer it in a sauce pan with just enough water to cover or put it in the steamer basket of your rice maker while you make the rice to go along with it.
- Mince garlic and crush with the flat side of your knife to make a thick paste of it. Stir together with remaining ingredients minus the rice.
- Once your rice is ready carefully plate the tofu and rice and then top with sauce. Serve Immediately.