Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
Beautiful green cupcakes that are so perfect for Spring parties or St Patrick's Day.
- 24 cupcake papers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Matcha tea
- 4 recipes Matcha Buttercream Frosting
- Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs plus egg yolks one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add to batter and mix to combine. Mix matcha in with the milk. Add to the batter and mix until combine. Scoop batter into prepared into cupcake papers. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Prepare sheet pan by rubbing with butter, covering with parchment, rubbing with more butter, and dusting with flour. Continue with cupcake recipe. Pour into prepared 1/2 sheet pan and smooth flat. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.