This butter is great on any of our scones.
- 2 cups dried cherries (6 oz)*
- 2 fuji apples, cored, peeled and finely diced
- 4 cups brewed Orange Pekoe Tea
- 1/3 cup packed
- Combine cherries, apples and tea in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer gently, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cherries are plump and the apples are very soft. With a slotted spoon, transfer the fruit to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. (Do not discard cooking liquid in saucepan.) Return the puree to the saucepan and stir in brown sugar and almond liqueur. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until thick and pasty. Let cool. (The butter can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.)
* Available from Suttons Bay Trading Company