These yummy bars are sweet and crisp on the bottom and tart and gooey on top. These bars are well loved every where I server them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tbs Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 lemons juiced or 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter into 2 cups flour, powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. When it has a crumbly texture press into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until gently golden on top. While crust is baking whisk together the remaining flour and sugar then add eggs and lemon juice.
- Pour over baked crust. Bake for 20 minutes.The bars will firm up as they cool. Once they are cool lightly sprinkle with some powdered sugar and slice into 2 inch squares.